Management Co. posting defaulters list, how legal?

The Data Protection answer given depends on what question was asked.
Can the Management company publish? Depends on where and how. And if it is to other members and shareholders, I say yes, they can publish. Otherwise it makes no sense -how else does the Management Company function if members cannot be told who has paid and who has not.

mf

I was thinking along the following lines (if we get the list of non payees from the agent)

1. advise all residents via leaflet drop that we will be publishing all non payees by further leaflet drop

2. possible internet posting on our estate website after subsequent leaflet drop (perhaps with password protection as other estates, companies have done on neighbours.ie)

Since we cannot even get a non payee list from our agent it's not looking too good.

Our accounts list all the units in the development and notes are arrears or excess payments for the management fees. It's there to inform members of the management company of money due to the company yet to be collected. As such it forms an important part of the accounts.

it was my understading that the Data Protection act only applied to data/files stored electronically.
So the if the Management Company stored the list of those who paid/had not paid in a ledge then they could publish?

The Data Protection act applies to all data whether it be on a computer or in a relevant filing system.

Again I say the list of outstanding debtors forms an important part of the accounts and should be published therein.

Back