management agent won't fix damage around boiler vent

M

mandykins

hi looking for help dealing with the management agent. i have some damage to the outside wall around the boiler vent/floo i sent pictures and a letter to the management agent and asked about repairing it and the response was

"At the moment the Management Company is not in a financial position to be carrying out such works due to the money owed by the owners for their service charges.

When the financial position improves certain works will be carried out by order of priorty.

We will keep your letter and pictures on file and get to them in due course."

any advise on what to do would be helpful

How did the damage occur?

If work was done at the direction of the management company, then they should put it right.

How did the damage occur? Does the current state cause a safety risk? Is it causing you a particular problem or is the issue aesthetic?

It is understandable that non essential work would be deferred if there are limited funds available. In the short term you should pursue it if there is a significant impact to you otherwise you should put a note in your diary to ask for an update in 6 months time.

Is it a fault from the original installation and nothing to do with management fees.?
Gas flues must be 100% in order.
If Bord Gais engineers saw damage on a flue or it seal to the building they can turn off your gas on the spot and clamp it until its fixed.

I know we had issues with overflows and leaks from boiler vents staining external walls of two units. We were advised that as it's caused by the operation of the boiler the unit owner is responsible for ensuring that it is repaired.

Back