Management Agent gone into liquidation

swiggy

The managing agent and the management co of our development have recently both gone into liquidation. The control of the management company had not passed to the owner occupiers and so a liquidator has been appointed to the management co (which in turn owned the managing agent).

Any advice on what to do? Is our next step to contact the liquidator and see what recourse we have if any?

Thank you

Small reference to liquidation on page 4:
[broken link removed]

Control may not have passed to the owners, but you are all members of the management company. Were there unsold units? Had any AGM or EGM been held, advising of the position of the company? I assume the developers were directors of the management company and as you stated they also doubled as the agent.

How much debt is the management company in? Is there a resident's association that monitors this? Is there a high percentage of owner occupiers that will be interested in sorting this out.

I would contact a solicitor on this to find out what are the next steps forward.

Thanks AKA

All units have been sold and the owners were in the process of taking control of the management co, however this was not done prior to liquidation. There was no AGM or EGM advising us of the position of the company.

Yes you are correct in assuming the developers are directors of the mgmt co. The developers also own an estate agent which managed the estate of their behalf.

It is a very small development with a high percentage of owner occupied properties so yes all the owners are meeting next week to discuss the situation. The latest set of accounts we have are for the year end Dec 2007 and the co did not have a high level of debt. However that was over a year ago so I do not know the position now. Year end 2008 accounts are not available on CRO as of yet.

Back