making offers for settlement of debt that has been referred to legal action.

In bad debt - thanks for your forthright and touching story. Sometimes on AAM we lose sight of the real pain of people in debt, I certainly do. I'm glad things are getting sorted out for you. I'm sure your story will help others. It's also heartening to hear that MABS are doing such a good job.

Hey Bronte...you are just doing ur job...thats why mabs are so good. If i get a call from a solicitor putting pressure on me to pay, i will be crying on the phone, getting into depression...shoutting at the kids at home...you name it...
the woman from MABS wont get upset, she is just doing her job....just like you...:)
I am still far far from having everything sorted, but in 2008 my debt was about 90.000, last year came down to 70.000 and now i am on about 42.000. Thats a massive improvement for me. obviouslly, i sold everything and we have been living like miserables for the last 2 years, i do realize i wont be ble to keep up with this life style, my kids deserve to have a life, but i now can see the improvements and i am looking forward for the day i will come back here to say: Thats it guys! I am done with debts, nothing left...:) One can dream:)

i know...i am so proud of myself! :) you see bronte, i am extremelly organized specially when it come to money, insurances and all that kind of stuff...i didnt make any of these loans, I never ever in my life missed a payment for anything!...this all happened when my partner lost his job a good few years ago and I had to put my name down for him to start his own business...even though it wasnt for me, i always had my own job. the business didnt work well and i become liable for the debts.
I think now i am going to keep paying the agreements in all the loans and try to go back on my feet....my 3 years old is still sleeping in a cot because i didnt buy a bed for him...

Back