Making money from ebay

Spec

What is the best way to start making money from ebay. Should you buy items from ebay and advertise them at higher prices on local newspapers?

On another level, any general advice on setting up a company that sells all it's stock over the net?

YOu can buy from ebay and sell on ebay at higher price, or buy anywhere and sell on ebay or buy on ebay ans sell anywhere.

One of the main difficulties in trying to make money with ebay in ireland is the high postal charges.

Parcel post will far outweigh any profit and if you charge the full postal cost, then it can make the purchase uneconomic to buyer.

I would agree with Ravima. I buy items from the US and resell for my business. By the time I ship them to Ireland, pay insurance and vat/duty on the items I need to sell them at 1.5 times the US cost to make a profit.

I looked at what you are doing and could not make it viable. There are places like dollardays.com but I think you would find it difficult to compete with US sellers even allowing for shipping

I did see a piece in the paper recently about the Revenue clamping down on "professional sellers" on eBay.
Not people with businesses who use it as a separate conduit...people for whom it's a lucrative sideline. On a personal level I'd love to see Revenue go after ticket touts. It would be easy, profitable and do humanity as a whole a great service! Rant over

Back