Healthcare costs - not insurance Making a claim from Laya.

TrundleAlong

I have the Control Connect 600 policy from Laya.

I have to have oral surgery soon.

Do I make my claim after I have my surgery by submitting my receipts or do I refer my upcoming surgery details to Laya given to me by my consultant and do they liaise with each other regarding payment?

Thanks

The place doing the procedure should be able to tell you if Laya pay them directly or if you need to pay and claim yourself. Or just call Laya and ask them.

You will find that your consultant is on the books of Laya. He will liaise with Laya regarding payment of the procedure directly to him.

However if the procedure is not taking place in a hospital but in a clinic and your consultant is renting a room in the clinic, the rental of the room will not be covered by Laya, so you will have to pay the consultant directly for that.

If the procedure is taking place in a hospital, it will probably be covered, except for the excess on your policy.

I recently paid a consultant a fee of €160. Under the terms of my policy I have an excess of €150. I was thinking that I could therefore only claim back €10 from this consultation.

When I contacted Laya they told me that I can claim back €40 per consultation.

This is confusing me. If I only have the one consultation of €160 in the year, why can I claim back €40 if I have an excess of €150?

I recently paid a consultant a fee of €160. Under the terms of my policy I have an excess of €150. I was thinking that I could therefore only claim back €10 from this consultation.

This is confusing me. If I only have the one consultation of €160 in the year, why can I claim back €40 if I have an excess of €150?
What policy is it?

What they probably mean is that bar the excess your policy entitles you to €40 per consultation. You can put the claim in anyway to be processed, but they won't pay anything out until the claims total exceeds the €150 Excess.

You can put the claim in anyway to be processed, but they won't pay anything out until the claims total exceeds the €150 Excess.
That's what I said to the customer service agent. I said if I only have one claim of €160 for the whole year, how much will I get back. She definitely said €40 and not €10.

Back