Major headaches with Revolut and N26 after phone got stolen

If a person is careless enough to have their pin compromised, then they should take responsibility for their own losses.

Brendan
Paying by google pay doesn't require a pin to be entered. Generally if the transaction is low enough, the amount will go through once the phone is tapped. If the amount is higher than 50, or there are a number of phone tap transactions, you will be required to unlock your phone and tap again.

Paying by google pay doesn't require a pin to be entered. Generally if the transaction is low enough, the amount will go through once the phone is tapped. If the amount is higher than 50, or there are a number of phone tap transactions, you will be required to unlock your phone and tap again.
All of the transactions were above 50. They were able to make 3 successful transactions, each well over 50, with each of my three cards.

And this is why I don't mind paying €6 a month for my boI account. I usually just use Apple Wallet to pay for things (need to use face ID to pay for anything) but if things go wrong, the bank will resolve things quicker.

I hope things get sorted quickly Dubliner8
Absolutely Steven, it really puts things in perspective. Even the Bank of Ireland call centre that is possibly outsourced outside Ireland that deal with the phone app and pin code etc are very helpful. Whereas Revolut and N26 chat have you going in circles and you end up getting advised irrelevant information for much of the exchanges.

Back with access to N26 today after submitting documents yesterday. But still waiting for the investigation on the fraudulent payment to be completed.

Back with access to N26 today after submitting documents yesterday. But still waiting for the investigation on the fraudulent payment to be completed.
Were your direct debits still processed whilst your N26 account was blocked? Hope you get sorted soon.

Were your direct debits still processed whilst your N26 account was blocked? Hope you get sorted soon.
I prefer to do manual payments for bills so I didn't come across that issue. Transfers etc were blocked so I'd imagine DDs would not go through if one was set up on the account.

Back