Maintenence Fee(Tralee region)

N

NV011956

Hi guys,
I'm living in a small development just outside Tralee and the developer is turning over maintenence responsibilities shortly.I was wondering what kind of fees can I expect?Also,what exactly needs to be covered in the fee i.e insurance,lawn upkeep,lighting etc.Any info would be great.Thanks.

What is the fee you are currently paying?
What is currently on the agreement governing the managing company to be performed?
Even though the developer is still there, these things should already be in place though in the control of the developer.

Hi so-crates,
Payed €250 last year(pittance I know!!).That covered planting of trees,lawns upkeep,insurance.I believe audited accounts are required for any management company(€2000 approx??)If thats the case the yearly fee will almost definitely increase.Only 13 houses in the development.

Yes audited accounts are needed for any management company and €250 does seem on the low side. As it is a small development though, I am guessing you don't have an lift or gates that require maintenance. Have you a copy of the accounts to date? You can request them online from the CRO if they have made returns. That would give you a reasonable idea of what to expect as the requirements should be fairly similar. For reference my apartment is in a development with about twice as many units, all own-door, no lifts, no gates and my charge is about twice yours. What fees cover varies from place to place, so it isn't possible to provide a definitive list of what they will/should cover. Another thought, have you spoken to the management agent? They should have an informed view of what any likely increase would be.

Last edited:
Hi so-crates,
Thanks for the info.Met with a few of the neighbours last night and a representative of the present management company.Bottom line is its gonna cost about €350 this year.All costs indurance,maintenence,accounts etc will be made available to us shortly.Happy enough with that really.

Back