Mains Water Softener Solutions

TRS30

Registered User
Messages
609
Have always had issues with hard water/limescale. Am looking to get a new shower fitted so thought it a good time to look at getting a water softener solution.

I see a few old posts however was wondering if anyone had one fitted recently and could recommend? Am based in north county Dublin.

Thanks.
 
I used this company about 4 years ago - https://www.crystalclearwater.ie/

I got a water softener sited outside (in an aluminium box), so no loss of kitchen cupboard space, and I was able to get a large softener which is more efficient.
I also got a filter system and tap for drinking water.

The system is serviced once a year (by the chap who installed it all) - costs me 150 euro, including the drinking water filters.

I'm very happy with the set up, it works well (I'm in Co Louth, so have very hard water)
 
https://aquabionireland.ie/

Highly recommend one of these, I am not to far away from your location so I know the water you have it's woeful.
We got this about a year and half ago and no complaints, takes up zero space and no maintenance.

You will still have a slight bit of what looks like limescale but it wipes off with a cloth, no scrubbing, no need for a harsh cleaner just a dry / wet cloth and it will rub off. I used to have to descale my kettle once a week and I would say I do it once a quarter now.

A great investment.
 
Many thanks for the replies. Will look at those two companies.

Would you mind saying how much it cost to get installed?
 
Would you mind saying how much it cost to get installed?
Aquabion for me was €700 and I got a separate water tap with filter fitted at the same time. Not sure what the cost of it is now.
This system is designed to last between 5 and 7 years, register the product and you get 25% off your replacement when the time comes.
 
I am pretty sure this is the fella who did mine, he was Lexington Plumbing but I know at the the time he was in the process of going into the Aquabion installation and distribution full time for Ireland, Aarron I think his name was

 
My installation (water softener, aluminium housing for outdoors, filter system and tap) cost 1350 euro supply and fit.
Salt costs me 15 euro bag, I use about 5 bags a year (usage will depend on number of persons in the house)
 
@gipimann - can I ask what size bags you use? We got a water softener fitted in November and I'm sure we've gone through more than 5 bags since that. Maybe it depends how hard the water is? We do live in a hard water area.
 
I got mine about 4 years ago from Euro Water Solutions, D11 FH22.
I have never had it services but its working well. It was about 900euro at the time. The tank is under the kitchen sink, I also have the small filter tap.
 
@TRS30 - I'm in Co Louth. Installed the system 3 or 4 years ago.

@Nutso - the bags I use are 25kg. Usage depends on how many people in the house and how hard the water is. I get the salt from Chadwicks.
 
Back
Top