Mailshot to find a home in a particular area?

thejuggler

Hello I have been looking for a house in a particular area for some time now but there is very little on the market in that area. When a property does come on the market it has been in very poor condition and would require a lot of work.
Houses in the area are old but some have been restored and modernised and are in good nick. Maybe I'll have to lower my standards and go for a doer upper.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a mailshot of properties that I would be interested in - stating that I am interesting in moving to the area and inquiring if they would be interested in selling.

What do you think?

Totally worth a shot, I know 2 people who did these (albeit in boomier times) and it worked a treat. Especially if you are really after a specific house in a specific area.
A lot of people might be interesting in selling but didnt want the hassle of putting their house on the market, especially when the outlook is about 9 months for the average sale at the moment.
You have nothing to lose so I say go for it?

I agree with Lulu - there could well be many people who aren't bothering to put their house up for sale due to the current market conditions, who otherwise would have - and a letter through the door could work.

What do you have to lose?

M

The Fact that you have been looking for a while answers your question. You have nothing to loose. Worked for a friend of mine. go for it. You will definitley get a response. One thing I would advise is to get a pre paid sim card and use this number for security reasons on your mail shot.

Back