Mail delivery from abroad

Happy_Harry

Just wondering, am currently still receiving Xmas cards from the continent that were sent around 11th of December. I have also noticed this with birthday cards last year that were sent a few days before my birthday and arrived a month later. If I sent people cards they receive them in 2-3 days time.
Is it only me that experiences this problem?

There certainly seems to have been problems in the UK. Colleague of mine near Milton Keynes only had his UK Christmas cards delivered last week(Posted 3 days before Xmas)
In addition, I have a weekly subscription to a magazine posted in the UK which I haven't got since Christmas week, whereas a magaizne I get on monthly subscription from the US arrived on time

Had a parcel sent from France on December 15th 2007-it was on an Aer lingus Flight that afternoon-wasnt delivered in Ireland until 2nd week in 2008! Where did it spent the Christmas Holidays!!!?

Had a parcel sent from France on December 15th 2007-it was on an Aer lingus Flight that afternoon-wasnt delivered in Ireland until 2nd week in 2008! Where did it spent the Christmas Holidays!!!?

who was the deliverying company an post or a courier?

'I heard' that an Post held back international mail over the christmas and gave priority to local (national) mail as there was such an amount of international parcels, etc.

I had an international parcel come into Ireland on 11th December (I could track it this far) and sit and do nothing until 8th January when I received it. It was dealt with by An Post. Annoys me as it was something for a client....what can you do!

customs can't be used as an excuse. I would pursue it with an post to find out the cause of the delay.

Back