Made Redundant after only 3 month employment

bilic04

DH was brought into th bosses office yesterday morning to be told they were lettin go all the sales staff.
He was only in the company 3 months. They paid him a months notice but did not give him a P45 or an RF51 ( i think that is what it is called)

For him to sign on this morning does he need both of these.

I think you are thinking of an RP50 - AFAIK this only needs to be completed if he is receiving a redundancy payment and after only 3 months he will not be. He should however receive his P45 if he has been paid up to date.

i dont know they wrote him a letter to say that he was being made redundant and that the months wages were tax free and its was a redundancy payment. Will get him to contact them for a P45.

thanks

they can't just pay a month's wages tax free and say its a redundancy payment. You are only entitled to redundancy after 2 years working with one employer. He should received his P45 once he has received all due payments (including any holiday entitlement). Should also get a P60 for earnings he had with the company in 2008 up to 31 December.

got his p60 about 2 weeks ago , so has that, i thought it was a bit odd myself. He was due no hols. had used them over the christmas.
he emailed the boss today and asked for his P45.

Hi, our local office will let you sign on with just 2 forms of photo ID and address ID. I was waiting 3 weeks for my P45 and delayed going in. I missed out on my claim for that 3 weeks. I was told I should have just come in and signed on anyway while waiting for the other docs (marriage cert, P45 and RP50 form).

Back