Made redundant 11 weeks ago and still no RP50

lipbalmpam

I was made redundant on the 30/07/09 and my employer promised he would forward my RP50 and outstanding holiday pay immediately to me. As I thought this never materialised and sent him a RP77 on 07/08/2009 officially requesting my redundancy payment and RP50 - still i received nothing.

On the 03/09/2009 I received the RP50 filled in with a place for me to sign and my outstanding holiday pay along with a letter advising me to sign the RP50 and return to him and he would forward my redundancy payment immediately - but to date I have received nothing.

Can anybody tell me where I stand on this??? He has the funds to pay me, the amount is very small actually, but he is dragging it out as long as possible. NERA have advised that I shouldn't have signed the form without payment but, naively, I took him in good faith. How can I now get either the payment or the RP50 from him? I can't threaten him with anything because he loves his day in court or will settle the very day before (which he has done in the past).

Things didn't end on a good note between us and I could take an unfair dismissal case but i'm pregnant and due my baby in the next 2 weeks and just can't face the hassle of it I just want my paltry few bob and draw a line under this.

Please advise?

Thanks

Pam

Hi, I feel for you at this time when you are so close to having the baby. A strongly worded letter may help you get what you are legally entitled too. Drop me some details and I will send you some words back [email protected]

PS If I didn't offer this my misses was going to kill me

Back