Mac notebook purchase - where do I start?

muffin1973

Hi all,

Want to buy a Mac notebook but have no idea where the best place to look for them is? Is ordering through the Mac website/Ireland store cheaper?

Also is it like Dell where you can order and specify what you want on the computer e.g. Office, camera etc.?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

M

The cheapest way to get one would be to get someone going to America to pick one up in an apple store out there.

The cheapest place to get one otherwise is directly through the apple ireland web-site. If you are a student or have someone with a student card you can get an educational discount on it.

You can't specify much of what you want on the laptop apart from more ram mainly. The macbooks come with an inbuilt camera. Have a browse around the apple.ie store to get an idea about whats available.

Theres some information on this thread.
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=54602

The Ireland Apple website I find is the easiest way. The prices are no different that in the shop and you can do some minor customisation on your selection. Check this website before you buy though.

hi,
have a look at www.apple.com/ie

you can customize the unit online, adding memory or a bigger hard drive but also order accessories ie camera's printers.software.

cost pretty much from 1100 up to what ever you want to pay.

also try 1800 92 38 98

They are selling macs (iMacs & iBooks) in the 02 experience stores on Grafton St and Dundrum. They have offers on a the moment and it works out cheaper than buying from the apple website - I'm thinking of picking up an iMac (€100 off and free ipod shuffle!!)

I got my one in one of the O2 experience stores, prefer to but stuff from a store so that if anything goes wrong you can go back to the shop and hold them responsible, I have had a bad experience with buying from Apple direct, you get to talk to people from all over the world ( and not all of them have english)

They are selling macs (iMacs & iBooks) in the 02 experience stores on Grafton St and Dundrum. They have offers on a the moment and it works out cheaper than buying from the apple website - I'm thinking of picking up an iMac (€100 off and free ipod shuffle!!)
Usually indicates that an updgrade is on the way. I put an order with the Apple store for an iMac. Before the order was delivered a new version of the iMac was released and they automatically upgraded my iMac. If I had bought in the shop I would have not got the upgrade. Of couse if saving the 100E is more valuable to you than a spec upgrade then the shop is your best option

Back