Lump Sum 100K

Sinto99

Hi,

My father has approx 100K matureing from a fixed period savings account and is looking to reinvest it.

He has no mortgate and no outstanding loans and doesnt need instant access to it so is prepared to put it away again for a few years but doent want any risk (ie invest in shares etc)

He was thinking of putting it into the 3 year Irish State Savings bonds which give an AER of 3.23% and is tax free

Is this a good option or any other suggestions?

If I were your dad I would invest that money in property - buy a property cash and rent it out. This will give him extra money per month, probably more than he would get from a financial institution on interest for the same amount. If you do decide to go this route, try getting your hands onto a foreclosed property since they usually go for BMV

DO NOT invest in property anywhere. The Irish State Savings are definitely best and as they are Tax Free and if your Dad is over 65, possibly DIRT free as well.

I am a worrier and end up putting money in easier to access accounts in case I need mone and lose out on interest rate.I have always lost out on shares and am not a risk taker.

Back