Ltd Company, What Information is Publicly Available? Is Trading Address?

blobert

Hello,

Am setting up an ecommerce site as a ltd company. I will be working from home to begin with before moving to a more suitable premises.

I know that it is required to display the registered company address on the website (I am intending to use a company that will provide me with a city centre office address for this and for mail forwarding services).

Also required is "The proposed Trading Address (the place where your company will carry on its business) for your new company."

What I am wondering is whether this information must be publicly displayed and where? Ideally I do not want this information publicly available.

I know that the Directors must also put down their home addresses, I don't mind this as much as it is not as straightforward for people to obtain.

What I'm trying to avoid is having my home address visible as my trading address as I do not want people potentially calling to my home.

Does anyone know what the situation is with this?

Thanks

Generally an easy way of doing this is to register the business address at a location like the NSC or one of the Virtual offices, i dont work for them or anything but use them from time to time - that can be your front office. Register the firm there and your good to go. (as you mentioned in your O.p) - this will be on the A1. I dont think your home address goes on this.
The address at which activity will be carried out will be your home address on the memorandum/articles and i think but am not 100% that this will be available when the A1 is posted on the CRO website. However this is what will also have directors names and addresses so its the same procedure to get any of them.

Thanks, its "The proposed Trading Address (the place where your company will carry on its business) for your new company." that I'm worried about.

Where must/will that be displayed?

If it's just on CRO documents that should be OK, I just don't want to make it publicly available on my website if possible.

Thanks

Yea, pretty much, as far as im aware thats just on the CRO Docs. As Long as you have a registered Address on it there should be no problem. I use somthing similar myself and there hasnt been any issues with it, CRO and revenue were satisfied as long as they had the registered address and place of work.

Back