Ltd Company - Corporate Golf Membership

C

crayzee1

I own a small design ltd company. Does anyone know if Corporate Golf Membership is a valid expense for the company which can be offset against profits??

Any help greatly appreciated

The test for any expense is that it must be incurred "wholly, exclusively and necessarily" in the conduct of the business. I doubt if golf club membership would meet any of those three tests

Brendan

Yes - payment of such membership fees would be a BIK subject to tax and PRSI.

The test for any expense is that it must be incurred "wholly, exclusively and necessarily" in the conduct of the business. I doubt if golf club membership would meet any of those three tests

It's a bit of a grey area though. When a company takes it's staff out for a meal and a spin on some Go Karts or whatever, it's a valid company expense.

-Rd

daltonr said:
It's a bit of a grey area though. When a company takes it's staff out for a meal and a spin on some Go Karts or whatever, it's a valid company expense.

-Rd

Staff entertainment is not an allowable expense. Client entertainment can be allowable provided it is wholly, exclusively and necessarily incurred as part of the business.

Actually Bocade .. you've got that in reverse. Staff entertainment is allowed but client entertainment is not.

Back