LPT payment from Bank to An Post

SDMXTWO

Not sure where to post this quick question. Have DD with bank for LPT. AS is due today and there is no funds in bank till tomorrow (as they know) they will charge €12.70 for the joy of me having no money. Can I cancel the DD and pay by instalment at post office. It's only a day late but it happens sometimes that I do not have the funds. €12.70 is a lot. Thanks.

Yes aware of that but not €12.70. My question is can I just cancel the DD and pay monthly at Post Office.

Not sure where to post this quick question. Have DD with bank for LPT. AS is due today and there is no funds in bank till tomorrow (as they know) they will charge €12.70 for the joy of me having no money. Can I cancel the DD and pay by instalment at post office. It's only a day late but it happens sometimes that I do not have the funds. €12.70 is a lot. Thanks.

To be fair it's not up to the bank to manage your money.
If you have access to online banking you can cancel the direct debit yourself (at least with AIB you can). Though 24 hours in advance only may not be enough time...am not sure what the timings are re the direct debit being presented for payment...

No do not expect bank to manage the money, sometimes it is just not there on time. Anyway cancelled the DD and will pay as suits me in Post Office. €12.70 is a lot of money when you have little.

Back