LPT & NPPR both due this year, LPT only next year?

nbc

I was under the impression that the NPPR tax wasnt to be paid this year and we paid the LPT instead- I'm wrong though? We pay both .Correct?
nbc

The two of them are due this year. You have plenty of time to pay the NPPR. Just the LPT next year

Just the LPT next year

Hopefully just the LPT,

To me, ‘’Due to come to an end on 01st Jan 2014’’ doesn’t mean it definitely will.

The new tax will replace the Household Charge which is abolished from 1st January 2013, and the Non Principal Private Residence charge which is due to come to an end on 1st January 2014. Investors should note that there is an overlap for a period after 1st July 2013 where they potentially are liable both to the new Local Property Tax and to NPPR.

http://independent-talk.blogspot.ie/search/label/NPPR

It will come to an end. It was provided for in the legislation for the property tax iirc.

Just got demand for 12 mths NPPR (€200).
Does anybody know, am I liable for the full amount as the nppr is due to end Jan 2014.

I never registered for the NPPR despite the fact that I am currently living abroad an never received any payment request. I have an (old) PPSN and I've just tried unsuccessfully to pay the LPT online but kept getting an "unexpected error message" at the end of the process. I'm now worried that if I contact the revenue they will ask for backpayment and penalties on outstanding NPPR charges. What to do? Lie low until the NPPR expires at the end of 2013? Will outstanding debt and penalties still be due after 1/1/2014?
I'm willing to pay the LPT but dont want to get stung for €4000 in NPPR charges and would appreciate any advice anyone might have. Thanks in advance.

Will outstanding debt and penalties still be due after 1/1/2014?
I would imagine this will be payable before any sale can go through. So revenue will wait as long as it takes and then get the benefit of interest and penalties.

I never registered for the NPPR despite the fact that I am currently living abroad an never received any payment request. I have an (old) PPSN and I've just tried unsuccessfully to pay the LPT online but kept getting an "unexpected error message" at the end of the process. I'm now worried that if I contact the revenue they will ask for backpayment and penalties on outstanding NPPR charges. What to do? Lie low until the NPPR expires at the end of 2013? Will outstanding debt and penalties still be due after 1/1/2014?
I'm willing to pay the LPT but dont want to get stung for €4000 in NPPR charges and would appreciate any advice anyone might have. Thanks in advance.

The NPPR was a self assessed tax and no-one received notification. The penalty for non payment is €20 per month so if you owe it from the start, its quite alot. Like all penalties, they won't go away if unpaid. They will just accumulate and become more and more punitive.

You have to declare on the LPT retun whether you live at that address so now you are faced with declaring corectly and triggering NPPR anyway.

You don't state if the property is rented out? If so, there may be PTRB issues and perhaps tax issues if claiming TRS or interest relief on mortgage payments.

Back