LPT from salary?

Better in what way?
You pay the same amount whether you pay the annual amount in one go or pro rata throughout the year.

I just set up with revenue that they take it, last time (last year?) when we had to revalue, it gave the option on their website. Revenue sends a letter reminder and that's the end of it.

Better in what way?
You pay the same amount whether you pay the annual amount in one go or pro rata throughout the year.
So long as you pay be Debit Card. Credit Card attracts a fee.

Edit.. I meant to reply to previous message, looks like I cant edit that.

Better in what way?
Better in such a way that LPT is deducted at the "source" i.e. before paying taxes on your salary, so you end up with a better deal financially. This is just my impression and not sure if it's true.

Better in such a way that LPT is deducted at the "source" i.e. before paying taxes on your salary, so you end up with a better deal financially. This is just my impression and not sure if it's true.
It's not true. You don't get tax relief for paying LPT through salary - unlike, say, pension contributions. LPT is paid from net income after tax/PRSI/USC deductions. Did somebody tell you otherwise?

Last edited:
If only!

The only difference is the time value of money which, even in these inflationary times, is of negligible relevance.

some chance of that. If that was the case nearly anyone employed would have been doing that rather than paying 40% IT tax first!

Back