LPT: Can revenue put the onus on a tenant to give the owners name PPS no etc?

How is it like a dictatorship?

I think what is trying to say is that revenue in writing to a tenant they "think" is the owner of a propery can garnish a property tax from his wages through the PAYE system is arbitrary and capricious and reminicent of dictatorial regimes of the 1930's.

I think what is trying to say is that revenue in writing to a tenant they "think" is the owner of a propery can garnish a property tax from his wages through the PAYE system is arbitrary and capricious and reminicent of dictatorial regimes of the 1930's.

There's something not right about this kind of carry on. They surely cannot tax someone for another person's taxes.

Plenty of my tenants don't know my name or address or PRSI number. Why doesn't revenue write to 'house owner' I'll get the letter than and sort it out. (This doesn't actually apply to me as I'm registered for all taxes/charges etc - but it is a solution).

Is there any change in the position of the revenue with regard to this question?

LPT: Can revenue put the onus on a tenant to give the owners name PPS no etc?

Their spokesperson was quite emphatic when the issue came up a few months ago. I see revenue are presently engaged in a PR charm offensive this week on local and national radio. Perhaps this is a question that can be put to them? Revenue will be on SOR show on RTÉ Radio tomorrow Friday.

Back