LPT: Can i pay property tax online?

Cobra

Hi , i am going to be out of the country for some time, so would i be able to pay property tax online, and fill the form in, seeing i will not be at home to get property details that will be sent to households. Its very messy situation.

I was at a Revenue information session recently re property tax, can't really remember all the details now but the initial form sent out has to be returned within 4 weeks if you need to alter the valuation or any details. There was no other solution offered other than get someone to collect your post for people who may have emigrated. It will be possible to pay online alright but you would need to ensure the initial form was correct first.

All the OP has to do is inform revenue of his address abroad. I imagine it will be possible to pay online. Same system I guess as the current one for NPPR and household charge.

I have informed revenue of address abroad , and i think i can return form online and pay online as well from what i gather from the internet.

"Please note that if you pay with a Mastercard credit card or Visa Credit card there will be an additional service charge of 1.49%."

Revenue didn't mention this when on recent tv appearances etc. saying how great it was paying online.

No not the Council.

Currently three entities have engaged to offer payment service:

An Post/Postpoint at any outlet
Omnivend at self service kiosks in various locations
Payzone at shops and outlets displaying the logo.

You should detach and retain the payslip attached to LTP1 form which contains barcoded information used to process the payment. Ideally the payslip should be produced on payment of each instalment. Where this is not possible you may use the Property ID number which is provided on the return, on the payslip and on the covering letter issued by Revenue. Your PPSN may also be used.

The payment will be subject to a transaction charge payable to the service provider.

+ 353 1 7023049 (From outside ROI) - sorry cant find an e-mail address.

"Please note that if you pay with a Mastercard credit card or Visa Credit card there will be an additional service charge of 1.49%."

Revenue didn't mention this when on recent tv appearances etc. saying how great it was paying online.

What about paying with a laser / debit card?

Revenue are hardly responsible for the charges imposed by credit card companies...

Revenue are hardly responsible for the charges imposed by credit card companies...

Ah, but are they paying what they are charging the people (surely, they'd not be making a profit on the transactions and yet, one must wonder if a Government Department could not have done better in it's negotiations than 1.49% of the transaction amount) ?

Regards

Mr. Earl.

Ah, but are they paying what they are charging the people (surely, they'd not be making a profit on the transactions and yet, one must wonder if a Government Department could not have done better in it's negotiations than 1.49% of the transaction amount) ?

Regards

Mr. Earl.

Jeez, yeah they're going to skim off the top of the property tax alright, a tax that's going to bring in a tiny fraction of the exchequer receipts... :rolleyes:

I paid online today and changed the band which was allocated to me from B3 to B2 as there have been sales of similar houses on my road which were sold for between €100K and €150K. Do I need to send in the completed form and also will they question the fact that I changed the band.

I paid online today and changed the band which was allocated to me from B3 to B2 as there have been sales of similar houses on my road which were sold for between €100K and €150K. Do I need to send in the completed form and also will they question the fact that I changed the band.

Did you not fill in the online equivalent of the paper form? (If so why would you send in the same information again?)

No-one can tell you whether they will question you changing the band, one would imagine they'll decide what returns/valuations look out of kilter after they've got most of them in.

Did you not fill in the online equivalent of the paper form? (If so why would you send in the same information again?)

No-one can tell you whether they will question you changing the band, one would imagine they'll decide what returns/valuations look out of kilter after they've got most of them in.

Hi there Mandelbrot,

Thanks for that - Yes I did fill in the equivalent online form - I was just making sure as there seemed to be conflicting opinions on here.

Staff

Back