Lower tracker rate from EBS

Ah, Dinarius, you've made an old AAM head very happy - the resurrection of one of my favourite old threads....

I did notice the +0.99% for >€375k rate appearing in the best buys over the last couple of months but, interestingly and not hugely surprisingly, they decided to introduce an LTV condition. I was particularly disappointed by this latter fact because it just compounds the problem of the wealthy getting the best finance deals, which just makes them wealthier. EBS and all their mutuality spin? It's just that - meaningless guff.

At a time when EBS (like all the other lenders) go on interminably about the "quality" of their "loan book", it seems fair to assume that mortgage delinquency is almost unheard of at present. So , if there's no enhanced risk in high LTV lending, how can a mutual justify higher rates for higher LTVs?

Unless of course it's to fatten the whole operation up for the demutualisation that one suspects to be waiting down the tracks.

Hi redstar

If those rates are actually on their website, then I apologise ... I stand corrected :)

Regards

G>

Click in 'Rates' , then 'Home Loans' and a little table pops-up with all the necessary.

Looks like there is no difference between their ordinary, standard variable rate 3.3%APR and their tracker for mortgages < 250k (ie 3.3%APR).

Some members must be more 'mutual' than others ;) ??

redstar said:

Some members must be more 'mutual' than others ;) ??

Nah,

Could never be the case in a mutual society that cares about its members, to the extent that it plasters it all over its website, on the TV etc ;) :D ;) :D

Is old user "Donegal" still around?

I was researching the site archives and came across this thread. There is posting from a member named Donegal (15-12-2004, 09:02 PM - Post # 4 ). The information provided is extremely relevant to me as I am having some issues with the EBS re a tracker mortgage for a buy to let loan. They are now saying they didn't offer this. Donegal if you are still out there can you respond to this?

I am interested to know of anyone that has received or was offered a tracker on a buy to let from the EBS around 2006 / 2007 - if yes can you post here?

Back