Low Pitch Extension Roof leaking - Advice/Repairer Wanted

Sol28

I have a low pitch roof on my extension and have been informed that the current tiles are not suitable for the pitch (15 degrees). There have been some water marks that have appeared on the ceilign after certain rain and wind combination events.

I think I may have to replace the tiles with something more appropriate, anyone have an indication of costs and/or recommendations of roof repairers? This is a small extension (about 3.5 M long, 4.5 m wide and 1 m rise - with two velux windows).

I put a garage on the side with a low pitch that did not work first time with roof tiles, the only resolution was tiles off, lay marine ply with good quality felt laid over it and then replace the roof tiles for appearance only, it works now, wind will push water up under the ridges so this area will need extra attention.

Roadstone do a slate like tile for low pitch roofs, comes in a few different colours, they interlock along with a tile nail. I cannot remember the tile name but call into any Roadstone store/office and you'll get very expert and free advice. Palerider has given good advice above but if you want to stick with the tiled roof do as above and it'll save you grief and money, with wrong but good meaning advice. If you do go to Roadstone bring a spare tile with you that's on the roof now and an exact degree of roof pitch. If you've got a good camera on your phone take a picture or two as well to show them.

The Roadstone tile is called centurian. It is smaller in size but is designed to prevent wind driven rain that blows back up tiles.

Thanks Everyone, Any indication of a cost, Absolute ballpark? Need to start getting quotes but would like to know an expected range.

had the same issue, I would say 12 degrees pitch

roofer derek replaced the lot with a more suitable tile and felted
Cost me about 4k last year.

Back