LOTTOMATICA "Sun Royal Security" scam email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brighid

I received this via email, just to put it out there, I am meant to have won a million euro! What do people think?
Dear Esteemed Winner, with E-mail:
My name is Mr. Richard Taylor from Sun Royal security Company, I am your Accredited Claims Agent practically assigned to you for the remittance of your luckily won prize of LOTTOMATICA® International E-Lottery Program that was held in Spain. For more clarifications, This Electronic Lottery Program was done by LOTTOMATICA® via a random selection called The Internet Balloting System (IBS). Email addresses are drawn from databases of all Web mail(s) and OPT-LIST providers across the globe. Moreover, it is based on a platform of Microsoft®, Linux® and Mac®. In as much as you are a user of any Microsoft® gadget you are automatically eligible to be drawn. One major fascinating issue is that, no one knows actually if their E-mail(s) has been entered and drawn in the ballot. This is why is it a unique opportunity once in a life time.

I hope you can understand the process of which you (Your E-Mail ID) were drawn luckily amongst the five winners from the program, consisting of Two (2) Winners from Europe, One (1) from The Caribbean/Americas region, One (1) from Asia/Far East Region, and fortunately enough One (1) winner emerged from the Africa Zone.
Please accept my congratulations on your prize award. And I look forward to working hand-in-hand with you to the best of my ability to ensure you have your prize get disbursed to your nominated local bank in your country.

I also want to inform you that the VERIFICATION DEPARTMENT will need your full details for the process of your claim please fill the application form attached to this mail.
You are advised to send your details and also to treat this issue with utmost confidentiality and reticence until your prize money is finally transferred. This is not a hoax or somewhat illegal. We are registered with the EU Gaming Board. I hope this information is comprehensive enough to clear spurious doubts.
Congratulations once again and thank you.

Overseas Claims Unit
Sun Royal security Company
Contact Person: Mr. Richard Taylor
Phone:+34671792471

Re: I assume this is a scam!

Honestly - what do you think?

I receive different variations of that email a number of times a month, and on one memorable occasion 4 of us in one office received the same one together - could it be, we were all winners?????

Yes Truth, I believe that it is a scam but I just needed to be sure to be sure:)

General rule of thumb,
you never win competions you never entered.
If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
If you ever need to give money to get money it is a scam.
If they need your a/c number, it's a scam.

Best to treat every thing as a scam really.

What’s the point of posting this? Everybody gets these emails, are you really expecting somebody to say 'oh no that’s genuine, you have really one'?

What cracks me up is the scammers put no effort into the asthetic value of these emails. I mean how dumb to they...

What’s the point of posting this? Everybody gets these emails, are you really expecting somebody to say 'oh no that’s genuine, you have really one'?

Rory everybody may get these posts, but this was my first time no need to be so sarcy!

General rule of thumb,
you never win competions you never entered.
If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
If you ever need to give money to get money it is a scam.
If they need your a/c number, it's a scam.

Best to treat every thing as a scam really.

Thanks Davy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back