Lots of debt and judgement against me

B

bobo10

I have a lot of debt that I'm currently trying to manage via a debt management agency. When I contacted MABS they could not offer me an appointment for weeks in advance so I went with this agency and things have calmed down a lot.

Most of the organisations I owe money to have accepted the repayment plan apart from one who I had a unsecured loan with and they continued to charge interest and accepted the monthly payment made on my behalf through the debt management company. They are now threatening a judgement against me and in order to stop the judgement being made they want me to pay them €1,500 arrears upfront which I simply do not have. I offered to pay €500 now and €100 over the next five months in addition to the monthly payment I'm making.

This is where I'm confused and am hoping someone can set me straight; they've come back to say they'll accept this offer but are still going for judgement but I won't have to appear in court and it won't be published? Can anyone tell me what this is? I'm totally confused and don't know what will happen after this judgement is made.

Back