Lost P45

E

eunan

Just wondering what does one do if they lose a p45 form? Can you apply to your former employer to get a copy?

Your former employer should have a copy on file, which they can forward to you. If the P45 has been registered on the revenue online system (you will be able to tell if it was a printed copy and not a handwritten one), then you may not need a copy, contact your local tax office to register your new employment details & they will be able to tell you.

I had two jobs for a while, a few months ago one became full time and I said goodbye to the other, they said they might call me in for a few hours from time to time and so would keep me employed (no retainer, just still employed as in revenue comms) however on the latest standard form I got from the revenue my old employer no longer appears, should I look for a p45 from them? I don't know much about tax

I had two jobs for a while, a few months ago one became full time and I said goodbye to the other, they said they might call me in for a few hours from time to time and so would keep me employed (no retainer, just still employed as in revenue comms) however on the latest standard form I got from the revenue my old employer no longer appears, should I look for a p45 from them? I don't know much about tax

Any employer not showing on your certificate of tax credits generally means that you have been ceased with that employer. This would have been done on them filing part 1 P-45 with Revenue. Revenue should have that and employer should have copy.

Back