Lost credit from Pay as you go mobile

vfillafan

Hi,

My wife recently topped her mobile up by 20 euro and had a balance of 36 euro after the top up. During the evening she rang my Mother on her UK mobile as she is sick in hospital. The call was no longer than 10 minutes long.

After the call ended she checked her balance using *174# and the call had cost just over 3 euro.

The following morning as she made a call she got a warning that she was low on credit and on checking only had 0.25 euro credit left. On checking the call log it says that the call was 1 hour 50 minutes in duration. This is obviously incorrect as she how could she have checked her balance immediately after the call?

I contacted vodafone.ie customer support by e-mail and got a response after 5 days saying the call cost 33 euro. I already knew this but there does not seem to be any effort to investigate?

I don't want to let this drop as I am out of work at the moment and 33 euro is a lot of money to us.

Can anyone recommend a path forward on this issue? Is there an ombudsman or regulator in Ireland that I can contact?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Back