Looking to purchase a printer for home use.

Not one single answer given in previous posts that I have consulted is obsolete, specific models may become obsolete, but the general principles about print volumes vs longevity vs cost per page and renewable costs remain consistent.
What is your problem with me asking this question. There was one other post in 2020 about an office printer, then Brendan had a post about ink use and where to best buy, last year. Previous to that it was back in 2018.

Am I not allowed to ask for a current recommendation for a printer without being harassed by your comments and taking the thread off course?

Brendan started another thread today about posters being judgmental. I think you can add mathepac's comments to his sample list.

Ok are printers still like hens teeth

Have an old Canon Pixma IP4000 which I cant install on laptop as drivers not working on Windows 10. Also even older HP Photosmart

Looking at upgrading for not heavy printing but decent so possible laser and colour

Anything out there below a budget of €200

Cheers

Looking at upgrading for not heavy printing but decent so possible laser and colour

Anything out there below a budget of €200
Laser, colour, sub-200....pick 2 of the 3 really. Colour lasers like HP's 150nw will start around €200, but performance won't be great.

If you're only printing occasionally I would use surfbox at my local library, you email your print jobs to the the terminal, it emails back a release code so only you have access to the job. Costs 20c for b/w & 60c for colour. You have 3 days to pick up before the print is deleted.

They also offer a printing postal service if you don't live close to a service, much cheaper than buying a printer, ink and less frustration when the printer acts up when you need a boarding pass asap.

Laser, colour, sub-200....pick 2 of the 3 really. Colour lasers like HP's 150nw will start around €200, but performance won't be great.

Ok willing to spend more if required but not a small fortune and the ink printer i have ink dries out when i want to print and pain in the A when I go to print and nothing

Any suggestions

If you're only printing occasionally I would use surfbox at my local library, you email your print jobs to the the terminal, it emails back a release code so only you have access to the job. Costs 20c for b/w & 60c for colour. You have 3 days to pick up before the print is deleted.

They also offer a printing postal service if you don't live close to a service, much cheaper than buying a printer, ink and less frustration when the printer acts up when you need a boarding pass asap.

Thanks for suggestion but like to have printer to print out post labels also and possible photos. At the moment we are printing out photos in bulk but if we want say the odd one to print would like a printer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back