Looking for Ideas to market websites that will help small-business and educational in

cnu

Hello Business Gurus,

Greetings.

Firstly this is a great forum and I have benefitted a lot from here.

I'm in a tricky position, I'm looking for some solid-ideas and criticisms.

I plan to start a business of developing websites targetting small-businesses/really-small-businesses [similar to tesco.ie] and educational institutes. My selling point would be the very low price of setting up the entire thing [I already have the entire software-paraphrenilia required]

Questions:

* I'm marketing it by Advertizing in papers and Contacting businesses myself. What else should I be doing to market further?

* Any ideas on what should be areas of focus? [Eg: Money: From recession POV I plan to keep costs of setting-up really down]

* Also do you have any do's and donts for me?

Thanks for reading!

Re: Looking for Ideas to market websites that will help small-business and educationa

Target Google.ie (Most people start there search here. Choose your keywords carefull)

Focus on cost, especially in the current market

Try industry magazines that require websites as a sales tool in a recession (small hotels, small insurance brokers etc)

- Try your local enterprise board to get some innovation grant funding

Can you send on your details as I may have some people who would be interested in talking to you.

Re: Looking for Ideas to market websites that will help small-business and educationa

You're moving into a very crowded market and selling cheap websites doesn't mean that customers won't expect any changes, they'll still expect changes and this will eat into your profiit.

If you haven't done your market research you should do it before you start. Who's going to want this service, who are your competitors, what are they charging, what will you make from each website, how will you turn this into an income. When you're working out your costs look at the amount of time you spend gathering requirements, doing implementation, phone queries, changes required, after sales etc.

If you're selling a cheap or expensive website you'll still have to pay some marketing costs.

Sorry don't mean to be negative but there are thousands of web developers doing what you are proposing.

Hello Business Gurus,

Greetings.

Firstly this is a great forum and I have benefitted a lot from here.

I'm in a tricky position, I'm looking for some solid-ideas and criticisms.

I plan to start a business of [broken link removed] targetting small-businesses/really-small-businesses [similar to tesco.ie] and educational institutes. My selling point would be the very low price of setting up the entire thing [I already have the entire software-paraphrenilia required]

Questions:

* I'm marketing it by Advertizing in papers and Contacting businesses myself. What else should I be doing to market further?

* Any ideas on what should be areas of focus? [Eg: Money: From recession POV I plan to keep costs of setting-up really down]

* Also do you have any do's and donts for me?

Thanks for reading!

if you have business of developing websites you should go in for marketing it through online , by posting about the business in online classified ads . by marketing it through online you'll be able to take your business at international level

Last edited by a moderator:

You're moving into a very crowded market and selling cheap websites doesn't mean that customers won't expect any changes, they'll still expect changes and this will eat into your profiit.

If you haven't done your market research you should do it before you start. Who's going to want this service, who are your competitors, what are they charging, what will you make from each website, how will you turn this into an income. When you're working out your costs look at the amount of time you spend gathering requirements, doing implementation, phone queries, changes required, after sales etc.

If you're selling a cheap or expensive website you'll still have to pay some marketing costs.

Sorry don't mean to be negative but there are thousands of web developers doing what you are proposing.

+1

I can't see any money in it myself. You can't compete with people who'll do it for free. Too many people doing the same thing. have you done market research that suggests otherwise?

Back