Looking for holiday idea

tosullivan

Looking for a family holiday idea later in the year...probably out of Ireland.
Family of 4, 2 boys age 8 & 6. Enough to keep them occupied. No interest in a city break unless it doesn't involve too much walking & site seeing.

Wife suggested New York or skiing. Something for about 4 days...

Any good ideas?

New York is great and there is a load to see and do, but you will end up walking for ages.
Skiing is great but unsure if you'll get a package for 4 days. You would have to book it all separately which is daunting if your first time. Disneyland Paris or legoland in UK.

What about one of those Centerparcs places in England? I believe they have loads to do for the children. Plus the 4 day break might be too short to travel to the likes of New York.

Dinseyland Paris?

One of my friends has kids more or less the same age as yours...he goes to a place called Portaventura and reckons it ticks all the boxes.

Disneyland Paris or legoland in UK.
Did Disney a few years ago and Legoland last year. Wife has sisters in London so we've burned that place out for a while

What about one of those Centerparcs places in England? I believe they have loads to do for the children. Plus the 4 day break might be too short to travel to the likes of New York.
Centreparcs came up alright and is on the list. Any idea which one is the better one with things to do in neighbouring towns or city?

One of my friends has kids more or less the same age as yours...he goes to a place called Portaventura and reckons it ticks all the boxes.
Just back from Salou in June and spent 5 days in Portaventura park. Super place alright

With regard to skiing, when is usually the best time to go? Most people I know who have been usually go around Feb

One of the centerparcs in Holland (I think it's de Kempervennen) has an indoor ski slope. Might be good for your children if they have never been skiing before. Also, the european centerparcs are apparently much cheaper than the ones in England, if that's a consideration.

One of the centerparcs in Holland (I think it's de Kempervennen) has an indoor ski slope. Might be good for your children if they have never been skiing before. Also, the european centerparcs are apparently much cheaper than the ones in England, if that's a consideration.
excellent idea...didn't know they had them in europe aswell

Yes there are lots of them in europe. De kempervennen seems to be one of the best. There is plenty of things to do but as with all centerparcs I think you have to book your activities in advance.

Back