Looking for general financial advice because I'm just about making ends meet

Update!

hi All,

Just a wee update on how Im getting on! Im feeling much more positive now as well, I was really in the doldrums when I posted my original post. Ive generally been very stingy :)

Groceries 30.00 Weekly - After reviewing my spending diary, Ive noticed that Im spending a lot more than 30.00 on food... maybe 60+ some weeks. I now allocate myself 40 to spend on a weekly shop, and so far this is working!

Electricity 150.00 pm (Ive told the other half that the tumble dryer is broken, and that he has to use the washing line - also working so far :)

Catfood 20.00 weekly - Thanks to Scotsgirl, my two lions are now happily scoffing into Opticat, and therefore I have reduced my catfood bill by 50% + (approx 9e per week now)

Petrol 20.00 weekly - myself and other half are now car pooling to work, so its 20 every two weeks now.

Ive also made about 200e on ebay selling bits and pieces, so that has come straight off my Credit Card (the small one), so its gone from 500 to 300. And Ive been able to put more money on the larger one too. For the first time in a long time Im below my limit :) Im gonna keep trundling along until I get it down to 0!

Ive also changed all my lightbulbs to energy savers too!

I had no luck with the cleaning jobs either...

Thank you guys for all the advice!!

Delighted your cats are eating the catfood and Lidl have reduced the priced of a box down to €1.99 last time I was there (from €2.99), so even better!

Fair play to you for cutting down on everything and getting on top of things. Easier said than done. With the way you are going, you will definitely make a dent in those bills.

Best of luck!

Scotsgirl.

Back