Looking for advice: second hand Octavia Skoda

Portia

Hello! I would be grateful for advice on the following dilemma. I need to buy a second hand car and am looking at 2 Octavias. They are both Octavia Combis with very similar specs.
One is a 16.2 model with about 40k on the clock: price €18,450. And the other is a 14.1 model with 70k on the clock: price €14,500.

there is a €4,000 difference in the price of these cars. As I am not really interested in resale value - I drive cars until they die of old age - I am inclined to go for the older, cheaper car. Does this make sense? Is the newer car really worth €4,000 more? Any and all advice appreciated.

Newer model, 2 years younger, almost half the mileage, personally I think that's worth 4K but only you can really decide what's best for you and your budget.

Go for the cheaper one .My brother in law drives a 05 Octavia for taxi work He bought it in 2007 with 60k on the clock .It now has over 400k miles on it!!

I have seen a few where the driver seat bolster separates from the back the side at the door.

I had one and it really bugged me.

The estate a nice looking car very practical go for the 162,

Back