VHI Looking for advice on health insurance renewal for husband and wife. ,

Deirdre52

Hi my husband and myself have vhi health plus extra and it is due for renewal 1 st Nov , we are both in our mid sixties , no ongoing health problems ,but I have had hip replacements in the past ,we would like a good level of cover , the renewal for our current plan is 2506.15 each is there any other cheaper plan with much the same cover , Thanks in advance

Deirdre52,

Cheapest alternative is with Laya healthcare;
1. Simplicity Plan; price 1087pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered, max excess 100 x 2 per year, good day to day cover - first 100 not allowed. Full orthopaedic cover included in all private and hi-tech hospitals - no shortfall or excess applies for this surgery.
[broken link removed]

Alternatives with VHI as follows; Full cover for orthopaedic surgery included.
1. Healthplus Access; price on 1st Nov is 2045pa; same hospital cover as current plan, no excess.
2. Healthplus Excess; price on 1st Nov is 1799pa; same hospital cover as current plan, 75 excess for private or hi-tech admissions or day case.
3. Health Access; price on 1st Nov is 1645pa; same hospital cover as before, 125 excess for private/hi-tech admissions or day case.
[broken link removed]

Alternatives with VHI with 80% orthopaedic cover, there is full cover in Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic as they don't charge the 20% shortfall
to the patient.
1. One Plan Extra; price on 1st Nov is 1530pa; public, private and hi-tech cover, no excess, limited day to day cover.
2. Plan PMI 42 15; price 1642pa(no price change on 1st Nov); public, private and hi-tech cover, no excess, good day to day cover( there is a 1 year wait for this extra cover for ages 55-64 yrs).
[broken link removed]

Note; the links to the HIA website show prices at the moment.

Plenty of similar plans at cheaper prices.

Regards, Snowyb

Back