Looking for a good solicitor?

witchymand

Hi,
I have been on this site before with a similar query. To shorten it all, Basically I borrowed money from the credit union 9 months ago to get a fire installed off a gas company, they fitted the fire but the agreement was that is was supposed to be flush to the wall, it was left inches away from the wall hanging on by a screw that was loose. I rang them loads of times but they didn't seem interested. I went then to a solicitor who sent them a letter. They came out and agreed that it wasn't right, but then never heard anything back from them. So I rang my solicitor and he tells me that I should be the one chasing it down. (is that not his job?) Anyway I asked him has he lost interest and he said that maybe I should go to the small claims court.
I am so annoyed with the solicitor now as I feel he shouldn't have agreed to take this on board without following it through.
There is no point in me going to the small claims court as the most you could win back is just over €1,000 and the fire cost me over €3,000 and I am still paying it back.
Does anyone have any recommendations on another solicitor that would be willing to chase this up for me?
Thanks

If you give your approx location, someone may be able to recommend a solicitor- or alternatively ask your own family and friends for a recommendation.

Back