looking for a dress maker in Dublin or Limerick

gnashers

Hi All,

I've seen a dress that I really like that I'd like to get made up in a different fabric for myself. Can anyone reccomend a reasonably priced dress maker in Dublin or Limerick? and have you any idea how much it would cost to get a fairly straight foward dress made?

Gnashers

Hiya gnashers
Bit like how much is a piece of string really !
If the pattern needs to be made that depending on the dress can run from 100 to 200 Euro
Make up fittings and finshing depends entirely on the design of the dress a housecoat or simple shift dress 150 to 200 fully beaded corsetry bridal dress 1500 to 2000
Then you have the cost of fabric linings trims etc
Impossible to say exactly is my point

It all depends on the dress and yourself if it's for a specific occasion you might justify the cost but if not have a look at the pattern books in Hickeys any of the assistants will help you get the right size pattern and choose the fabric

Dressmaking is my trade and much as I do patterns from scratch it's usually for brides or debs generally evening wear
However buy a pattern and some fabric and a dressmaker could make a dress up for prob about 250-300
It often works out more expensive than people think which is why God gave us Penneys :)

Back