Looking for a 4x4 SUV or Jeep

N

nmitchell

Hi all,
Looking for some advice on a suitable company vehicle. I will generally need it for road use with some occasional cross country use (nothing major - just driving across fields and very slightly rough terrain).
I also need space for equipment.

My thoughts are that the likes of a 4x4 landcrusier or similar would be a little excessive for what I need (although it would be very nice!) so I was thinking along the lines of a 4x4 SUV such as the
Mitsubishi Outlander
Citroen C Crosser
Subaru Outback
Peugeot 4007.

Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated.

I have a LWB Landcruiser, automatic, beautiful to drive and not too heavy on diesel, I've had one since about 2003, bought my latest one new in 2008, highly recommend them.

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe
Not very big as 4x4s go but I find it the best of both worlds.

Thanks all for your responses.
I guess what I'm looking for is something robust enough to do some minor cross country, be fuel efficient (as far as practicable for this size of an vehicle) but also to look as close to a full on 4x4 as possible.
At this stage I think the Mitsubishi Outlander is as close as I am going to get although the others I selected probably are more comfortable to drive on the motorways and probably a nicer interior.
I would love a landcruiser but cannot justify the cost and fuel economy at the moment.... I'm a start up business that needs to be as cost effective as possible at this stage.
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I would stay away from teh Freelanders! But this is down to my experience with one

Back