looking at properties in co kildare-anyone from area

blueskies

Hi there
Got a job recently in co kildare and want to purchase there. Thing is though, the prices are no where near in line with rental multiples which is one of a strong indicator of the real value of properties or so i have been told. You can rent a four bed detached property in say newbridge for the same as a one bed in blanchardstown. However to buy a new one bed in blanch would be about 190( maximum) ,wheras the cost of a new four bed detached in newbridge would be about 360 at the moment. Does this mean prices for newbridge and kildare have still a long way to drop? say if i was to offer 290 for the property in newbridge, would people regard this as reasonable or to low

Thanks a mill

I live in Newbridge, there are a lot of nice estates with 4 bed detatched so have a good look around. There are alot of 4 bed detatched in high density estates that I wouldnt be mad on.

I think there are some "new" developments that are unsold for a few years. Might be some bargains there.

The Walshestown area of newbridge is pretty nice, as far as I know there is the Abbey and the Park. The abbey being all detatched. Its a bit pricier tho as there are fewer houses and not many ever go up for sale. The park is a mix of semi's and detatched but it doesnt feel as densely populated as say liffey hall, currage grange etc.

Prices are dropping everywhere so its really down to what you want yourself.

Back