Long term lease South Dublin County Council

KOW

Have a RIP that I bought in 2002. For the past 7 years have it with the above County Council under the RAS scheme which has worked out well.
On the verge of committing to a 10 year long lease agreement with the Council.
Happy enough with the rent been offered and the fact that I no longer will have to deal with maintenance etc for ten years.
Anybody else signed up for scheme? My thinking is no more hassle and will be more or less payed off fully after the term. All comments welcome.

Not able to answer your question but just curious re your 10 year lease agreement. I've a property in SDCC under the RAS scheme also for the last 7 years, due to finish soon. I haven't heard of the long lease agreement, is it the same as RAS except for a longer period? Who maintains the property if it's not the responsibility of the landlord any more? Any catches?

Not able to answer your question but just curious re your 10 year lease agreement. I've a property in SDCC under the RAS scheme also for the last 7 years, due to finish soon. I haven't heard of the long lease agreement, is it the same as RAS except for a longer period? Who maintains the property if it's not the responsibility of the landlord any more? Any catches?

Diver,
The council look after the maintenance. Rent is offered at 80% versus 92% of current rates on RAS. Current long term lease of 10yrs been offered. Any catches I cant see but am open to advise.

Diver,
The council look after the maintenance. Rent is offered at 80% versus 92% of current rates on RAS. Current long term lease of 10yrs been offered. Any catches I cant see but am open to advise.

DCD, thanks for that. Sounds pretty good and something I'll look in to. I'd hope to still be able to maintain my property myself though for the same level of rent currently on.
Good luck with your lease agreement.

Back