Long term investment - small principal sum

Saudi

Hi

Not sure if this is the right forum to post in but I'm interested in peoples views about long term investment options. I would like to send up a fund/account for my nephew and put in a couple of hundred euros every year that would hopefully mature in to a meaningful amount when he turns 21.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

S

Thanks for the response, to be honest I haven't actually looked at any funds yet, I wasn't sure if funds would be worthwhile if I was only putting say €150/200 in every year or if I would be better off putting it in to a savings account.

I'll check the Quinn products out.

Again look at previous posts and you will see that giving current inflation rates putting money into saving account over a long period will not even retain present value over a medium term period. Market investment is the ideal product, assuming that you are looking at a term of 10 years or longer. Regular lodgements will also ensure that any dips in the market will be evened out over the period. There are a number of options and funds available. Quinn Life has been recommended by a few posters but again you should decide whether you are prepared to up the risk factor a little to increase your return. Have a look at previous postings on this site and decide what is best for you before talking to a broker.

I've checked out the Quinn products and the minimum investment is either €51 per month or a lump sum of €1,050 (or something like that), not really in a position at the moment to give my nephew €600 a year.

So maybe a savings account is a better option now unless someone else has a better idea?

Have just looked at Rabobank's website and they seem to cater for what I need.

As you've both suggested I think a fund is better than just savings, cheers for the help.

Back