Founder

What has changed since 2021?
1) You need to revalue your property as of 1 November 2021
2) You need to submit your LPT return by 7th November 2021
3) You must arrange to pay your LPT

How do I do that?

The simples way is to do it via LPT Online Service

But you can also do it via ROS or MyAccount

I did it via the LPT Online Service and it was very straightforward. It retained all my details including my bank account from previous years. The only decision I had to make was which valuation band to put it in.

What are the bands?
1632825539475.png

How much will I have to pay for 2022

There is a basic rate as shown in the above table and then your local authority may charge a lower rate. For example, Dublin City Council is reducing it by 15%
But it will be calculated automatically for you.

How do I pay it?
If you have already set up an Annual Debit Instruction, it will be deducted automatically on 21 March.

There are other methods such as monthly direct debits and deduction at source from your salary.

LPT payment dates for 2022​

The date by which you need to pay your LPT Charge depends on the payment option you choose:

• 21 March 2022 - deduction date for Annual Debit Instruction payment.
  • January 2022 - phased payments start for deduction at source and regular cash payments through a payment service provider
  • 12 January 2022 - latest date for paying in full by cash or cheque
  • 15 January 2022 - monthly direct debit payments start and continue on the 15th day of every month

Last edited:
I notice that If you don't put a value on your house revenue will do it automatically and probably at a higher band. In my case they were suggesting a band two levels higher than the band the map suggested.
It's in your interest to value your property. If you are unsure of the value then use the map with the suggested value as a guide.

From the LPT letter - "If you do not submit your LPT Return by 7 November 2021, Revenue will, firstly, collect the estimated LPT liability"

Last edited:
I have not got a notification to file a return from Revenue?

This is a self-assessment tax. You should log on and submit a return whether or not you get a notification.

How do I establish the value of my house?

There is a Property Valuation Guide on the LPT website. You can find the average value for a house in your area. I am not sure how meaningful this is.

I used the [broken link removed]which gave me hard data.

It's probably no harm to check with your neighbours what band they are going to use.

What happens if I put it in the wrong band?
Revenue will accept most submissions as long as they are reasonable.

If everyone in your estate is Band 6 and you claim to be Band 4, they might query it.

Last edited:
Question: If I have purchased a property in 2021, how do I complete the return \ request the Property PIN?

Question: If I have purchased a property in 2021, how do I complete the return \ request the Property PIN?

Revenue will issue you with a letter (through MyAccount, Revenue Online Service (ROS) or through the post) to

• confirm your online LPT record for 2022 is available
  • and
  • to give you information on the dates for submitting your LPT Return and payment.
You will receive this letter in advance of the valuation date of 1 November 2021. Your Property ID and PIN will be included and these are also shown on any previous LPT correspondence you may have received from Revenue.

Presumably Revenue knows that you are the new owner? Maybe wait until late October to see if you get the letter.

Back