Loans Taken out in another persons name

I

irishmonkeyd

This is a difficult subject to write about , but I Just found out that my 22 year brother attempted suicide due to Debt.
He lost his job about 2 years ago and has been living on welfare since he pays a certain amount each week in maintenance to his young daughter, and over the past 2 years hes has been borrowing for what can only be described as legal loan sharks, so the outcome is between his loan repayments and maintenance he found himself in the situation that his complete welfare payment is going out on loan repayments and maintenance.It seem he got to a stage where he could not longer cope and tried to take his own life.

we as currently trying to find out how much is involved but I suspect the max it is going to be is between 1 and 2 k (yes I do mean 1 to 2 k not 100 to 200 k)the loans are with with 2 companies who I am not sure I can name here so wont, the problem is it seems he has managed to get some loans in my fathers name so I makes it difficuld to approach the lenders now with my brothers situation, mYdad is on Disability so wouldnt be able to cover the loan taken out in his name.
so if anyone has any experience in a situation like this please feel free to share/

Agree with Brendan, MABS is the way forward. If it is at all possible, look at the credit union to borrow to repay the current lender, they may be able to help.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I have spoken to mabbs,community welfare and the credit union, we are now trying to get a full list of whats owed and take it from their!

Hi there, I know your brother has debt issues which are causing hime to be very down. Would you try suggesting to your brother about getting counselling. Attempted Suicide is no small matter and your brother could have other issues that you are not aware of...

The counseling should also help him deal with issues....

Back