Loan repayments

startagain

hi all, ive been here before and got some great advice so im back again!:)

these are a list of my debts first so you know where i stand:

Loan 1 : €28000 (currently cant afford the repayments of €400 per month)
Credit card 1: €2100 (making payments of €25 per week-court judgement)
Credit card 2: €3800 (making payments of €10 per week)

Recently laid off so my income is currently €196 per week

while i am awaiting a court judgement for the large loan, i want to clear most of the smaller loans off...well as much as i can.

my question is, if i pay more off the credit card with the court judgement can the bank up my repayments? say i stretch it to €40 a week, and theres some weeks i can only afford €25, can they get another judgement to up it to €40? or would it be better to stick to the €25 and just pay everything else of the other credit card?

sorry if its confusing, it sounded much better in my head!

Someone please correct me here, if I am wrong. My understanding is that when a Court sets out a repayment sum on a Judgement, the Interest is frozen !. Therefore I think you would be better off to make sure that you never miss a payment and put your spare money aside for un-seen events.

While this does not answer your question can I say that I think you are dealing with this situation very maturely and remember that c.34K of loans isn't that bad. There are some people in negative equity to multiples of that amount who can't pay there mortgages, so stay positive!

Back