Loan / credit history / bank advice?

apocalipzs

So recently Ulster bank have changed my D.O.B without my consent or knowledge. This will eventually be resolved through their complaints dept. But as a knock on effect of this I'm locked out of my anytime banking and so I'm unable to set up standing orders so I can start saving.

In about 6 months I'm hoping to go for a personal loan of around €1500. I've no history and as such I'm credit neutral. Which is why I'd love to save and increase my chances of being approved for the next 6 months.

Ulster bank are really messing me around and im fed up of them - I've spent the past 8 days on the phone to them or in the branch to get access to my anytime banking with no joy yet. I'm considering switching banks but will this have an effect on me getting approved for a loan?

You could probably have got them to set up the standing order manually while you were in the branch. Open a credit union account and save there, probably a better bet for a small first loan anyway.

If you only need 1500, your best option is probably to get an overdraft. Most banks will automatically approve an overdraft equal to 1 months net wages that gets paid into the account. Plus you're only charged interest the days you're using the overdraft.

It's a very bad thing is an overdraft except in a business situation. A very bad habbit that should be avoided at all costs. Down the rocky road for many of overdraft dependancy and worse.

So recently Ulster bank have changed my D.O.B without my consent or knowledge

In about 6 months I'm hoping to go for a personal loan of around €1500. I've no history and as such I'm credit neutral. Which is why I'd love to save and increase my chances of being approved for the next 6 months.

Is DOB date of birth or what is it? What do you need the loan for and would you not be better off saving for the item/thing you wish to purchase.

Why don't you open another account with them and close the current one?

Or you could move the money to the savings by visiting the bank to do so.

Open a credit union account and save there, probably a better bet for a small first loan anyway.

Might end up doing this.

If you only need 1500, your best option is probably to get an overdraft. Most banks will automatically approve an overdraft equal to 1 months net wages that gets paid into the account. Plus you're only charged interest the days you're using the overdraft.

Would love to avoid overdrafts if I can.

It's a very bad thing is an overdraft except in a business situation. A very bad habbit that should be avoided at all costs. Down the rocky road for many of overdraft dependancy and worse.

I looked into overdrafts too. Seems messy and thanks for the advice.

Is DOB date of birth or what is it? What do you need the loan for and would you not be better off saving for the item/thing you wish to purchase.

Why don't you open another account with them and close the current one?

Or you could move the money to the savings by visiting the bank to do so.

Yea dob = date of birth, apologies. Its for an engagement ring. Also i Want some sort of credit history so when in future I want a mortgage or require a loan I have a history there.

I just really prefer the headspace I have with online banking to organise standing orders and think things through.

Appreciate all the responses. Thanks for all the advice. Right now I'm thinking about saving with credit union and approach them in December/ January for a loan

Back