Living with Parents / Documentary

dosullivan

Hello,
I am currently researching a documentary which concerns people with children, who have moved back in with their parents.

We are hoping to focus on a number of different stories concerning people with children who have moved back in with their parents and the various reasons why this has come about.

It might be a financial reason, it might be a lifestyle choice or it could be any other reason.

If there is anyone out there who would fit this profile and be interested in talking to me about their situation they can PM me and I'll get back to them.
Thank you.
Kind Regards

What i'd really love to see is a follow up to 'i'm an adult get me out of here' remember the series where people who were encouraged to strech financially and buy property miles from where they worked. Would be interested to see how that worked out.

What i'd really love to see is a follow up to 'i'm an adult get me out of here' remember the series where people who were encouraged to strech financially and buy property miles from where they worked. Would be interested to see how that worked out.

I would absolutely love to see a follow up of that show. Its a fantastic documentary opportunity waiting to happen! The whole country would tune in. Although the original participants might be too embarrassed, angry, emigrated by now to reappear.

Or how about

"I'm in NAMA, Get Me Out Of H.... oh no hang on a minute, actually things aren't too bad now that I'm getting a steady salary to run my bankrupt business"

I remember that programme . Who was the guy that helped then (or ruined them) would love to see a follow up . That programme was made in the height of the boom .

Just wondering if you wish to contact the parents or the adult children.
You could have two very different versions of the same situation depending on whom you speak to!!

I remember that programme . Who was the guy that helped then (or ruined them) would love to see a follow up . That programme was made in the height of the boom .

It was [broken link removed].

John has weathered the recession despite being hit by a perfect economic storm which threatened to decimate his business interests. Although facing bankruptcy in 2009 & 2010 John invested his way out of the downturn and opened or commenced trading in new companies the height of the crisis creating 30 new jobs in the process. John expects to increase the number employed by his group to 50 by late 2012.

Wonder how that went? I found an article from Jan this year stating he hoped to start paying himself a proper salary in the next 6 to 9 months.

From his website, [broken link removed]:
So is now a good time to buy? If you are happy with the answers you give to the questions I have raised above then it could be a good time for you to buy. The main issue for most first time buyers is the monthly repayment. The opinions of commentators on the property market remain opinions; nobody definitely knows. Try to focus less on the projected value of your property in 18 months time; think about it over the long term. I can’t honestly see a decent property being worth less than it is now in 10 years time? I have called the property market right more times that I have gotten it wrong. And if actions speak louder than words, I bought a new place eight weeks ago to live in… and I fixed most of my borrowings over 3 years.

I would absolutely love to see a follow up of that show. Its a fantastic documentary opportunity waiting to happen! The whole country would tune in. Although the original participants might be too embarrassed, angry, emigrated by now to reappear.

Me too. The series seems to have vanished, I can't find clips anywhere. It encapsulated the zeitgeist so perfectly. There used to be discussions on here after each programme iirc. They would be worth a re-read too.

Originally Posted by Black Sheep http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=1292315#post1292315
Just wondering if you wish to contact the parents or the adult children.
You could have two very different versions of the same situation depending on whom you speak to!!

Hi Black Sheep,
Thanks for the question. I'm looking to speak to both the adult children and the parents they have moved back in with, as both sides of the story will ideally be featured.

Last edited:

Me too!

I hope dosullivan is taking heed of this.... :D

Me too!

I hope dosullivan is taking heed of this.... :D

I might email tv3 and tell them there is a clamour for this documentary to be followed up, if rte wont do it perhaps they might be interested. All it requires is to track down the original participants, cant imagine thatd be too hard, theyll all be stuck in massive NE homes unable to move anywhere!!

I think a follow up would be a great idea. The whole tone of that programme was that anyone living at home after the age of about 21 was a sad loser. I remember one girl in particular who was from, and still worked in, Dublin being encouraged to buy a house somewhere like Mullingar where she knew absolutely no one and would be facing a long commute into work every day, leaving her no time to get to know her neighbours or join local activities or stuff like that. It kind of encompassed the madness of the celtic tiger years.

Back