living in ROI and want to go bankrupt in the uk.

matthew78

Hi all.

I have lived in Dublin for just under 5 years, before then i lived in the uk and had a loan a mortgage, and a bank account.
over the past 5 years i have put money back in my uk account to cover the mortgage and the loan but, stupidly i didnt pay th mortgage protection or insurance, the property is in negative equity and im only paying an interest only payment on the mortgage due to not being able to pay the full mortgage, then last december i was in a road traffic accident that has left me unable to work, i had savings and managed to cover the mortgage until now but now im out of funds and only claiming injury benefit which are no where near enough to live on let alone cover my mortgage, im currently living with the girlfriend and she pays the rent on our apartment in Dublin.
Im thinking to go bankrupt but not sure what to do, if i go bankrupt in the uk does that affect me in ROI? does my irish account get frozen? i have very few valubles, i own a car but its worth is maybe €1000 because i live with my girlfriend would the look to her for money? please help im lost as what to do

Back