Living in Ireland but working for a UK company

AmeliaW95

I am planning to move over to Ireland with my partner who has just been offered a role in Dublin. However, I will still be working remotely for my company in the UK.

Will I be able to just carry on paying UK tax or will I need to somehow pay tax here in Ireland?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If you are working in Ireland, your employer should register as an employer in Ireland and pay your taxes here. I assume you are an employee rather than a contractor?

Thanks for responding! So I am living going to live in Ireland but work for a UK company (fully remote).

My boyfriend has a job and contract in Ireland but I won't - hope that clarifies my situation a bit?

My current employer is potentially looking at setting up a branch over here where I could become an Irish employee but I don't think it will be for a little while so wanted to know if I need to do anything in terms of taxes until that can happen.

A lot of accountancy firms can organise that easily without difficulty. I used to work for a French company and I was based in the UK. Salary and payslip came from KPMG. The work was in UK and Europe. I paid UK tax.

Assuming they are not a very small company, it should not be a major issue.

Hopefully ok to piggyback on this. I have been offered a job in the UK, it'll be near full time WFH (I will be living in Ireland) with a requirement to visit the office once or twice a year. They don't have the payroll ability to pay me through an Irish based company, so does this mean I would not be able to accept it?

Back