Living in Donabate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsha

Hi, thinking of buying a house in Donabate. I saw another thread from few months ago where I see both negative&positive feedback. Myself and my husband are in early 30s, no children, so would be looking for an area where we could go out for dinner/drinks etc. and still be able to commute into town. Is it possible from Donabate? how much hassle is it to go to Malahide on say, Saturday night?

Also, I saw social housing being mentioned in the previous thread - are there specific areas?

If we were to chose between Swords and Donabate, what area would be more recommended and why?

Thanks in advance,

I'm originally from Swords and think it's a good area. There is a lot of housing around swords but good facilities and not too far from the airport. Eventually the Luas will make it's way out there.

My sister lives in Donabate and really likes it. There was talk of a big waste disposal plant in Donabate but it was put off for a while. It would be worth checking this out. Being close to the beach is quite nice. Commuting in to town can be down via the train. Harder to get home late at night when you're out boozing.

Lusk is not meant to be as nice if you're considering there.

There's lots of development planned for donabate over the next few years so it's important to check the plans for the area. The pub in the centre of the town was done up recently and it's 10 times better. Everywhere in the town will be upgraded over time as the population increases.
Good luck,

I have friends living in Donabate. They have a baby and like it for that reason. It's very much a family place, they take the babs for a walk on the beach, it has good creche, a gym for themselves, golf courses but no night life. They had friends living there also (a couple with no kids) but they hated it and have just moved back in to town. It's very far out really especially if you work in town but if you're working in that vicinity it might suit you because it's not far from Swords or Malahide for night life/shopping.

Hi,

As I said in the other thread, just moved out there myself. Me and the wife (preggers) are early thirties just married types and it seems perfect with all the necessary family amenities.

Bit quiet if you're wild ones though, but the pub is nice for a quiet drink. House Prices in the area have been going up a lot lately also.

Hi Dsha,

I've recently moved to Donabate and have no regrets whatsoever. If I had to choose between Donabate & Swords, Donabate would win hands down.
You've got a beach, park, few restaurants, couple of pubs and train service albeit it's jammers in the mornings, but alternative is not much better, plus your in town in less than 30 mins.
I'm not a fan of Swords at all, just a concrete jungle if you ask me, well thats my opinion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back