Living City Initiative zones being extended

Living City Initiative​

Turning now to our larger cities, the Living City Initiative supports the enhancement of older housing and commercial properties in the designated Special Regeneration Areas in Cork, Dublin, Galway Kilkenny, Limerick and Waterford.

I am making the following substantial changes to strengthen the scheme:

  • I am extending it to the end of 2030
  • I am increasing its scope for residential properties from those built before 1915 to those built before 1975
  • furthermore, I am amending the scheme to support the use of “over the shop” premises for residential purposes
  • where the works are carried out by enterprises, the maximum amount of relief available will be increased from €200,000 to €300,000 and I am providing greater flexibility on the time period over which the relief can be claimed
  • finally, over the coming period, I plan to add the five regional centres under the National Planning Framework to the scheme. These are Athlone, Drogheda, Dundalk, Letterkenny and Sligo. Adding Special Regeneration Areas to these towns will require careful planning and preparation by the relevant Local Authorities
 
Back
Top