Living city initiative experience, mixed with one stop shop retrofit

SnowdaisyBell

Morning all, I'm wondering firstly if anyone has experience of going through the living city initiative for works to an older house and how they found the help from council. I see Dublin has free access to a range of advisors on planning etc to help you through the process but outside Dublin you're relying on an overworked conservation officer only, as far as I can tell.
Also I'm looking combining it with a one stop shop / green grants retrofit. Has anyone done this mix?
The two schemes can work for the same house but it seems they are siloed and don't 'talk' to each other which is a missed opportunity

I'm wondering firstly if anyone has experience of going through the living city initiative for works to an older house
I have no first-hand experience.

I know that actual take up of the LCI has been really, really low. Probably around a hundred claimants ever. You might find a facebook group where people share experiences.

YearAmount Claimed €mNumber of Claimants

I have no first-hand experience.

I know that actual take up of the LCI has been really, really low. Probably around a hundred claimants ever. You might find a facebook group where people share experiences.

YearAmount Claimed €mNumber of Claimants
Yes it's been very poor take up. I think due to some very tricky / restrictive terms and tax relief over 10 years is a long time to wait for your money back. Fine if you're a civil servant on higher rate tax band with steady monthly salary that covers a comfortable standard of living, perhaps not so ideal for people with lower / less predictable income who struggle with cashflow. A straight grant of vouched expenditure would be better by far.

Back